Here's Everything You Need to Know About the:
20th Annual Emerald Coast Blue Marlin Classic
June 22-26, 2022
*Note that the above photo is the 20th Anniversary Art Contest Winner, submitted by Cole Sauls.
It's time to get your gear ready and start thinking about the Emerald Coast Blue Marlin Classic. It's never too early to get your registration form in and start making plans. In the 2021 event, there was a total of 88 boats with $1,976,300 in Cash Awards. If you'll recall, the winner was High Cotton with a 681 lb. Blue Marlin.
This year, the purse is over $2 million. That's pretty amazing when you consider the first tournament in 2003 had just 45 teams with cash awards of just under $330K.
2022 Schedule of Events
The 2022 Schedule of Events is just being finalized, I've posted a link to the schedule, but keep in mind that any events with a green asterisk are tentative and subject to change.
2022 Schedule of Events
Quick Facts for the 2022 Emerald Coast Blue Marlin Classic
Here is a summary of the quick facts for this year's tournament. You can access the complete Fact Summary here.
- DATES: Wednesday, June 22 – Sunday, June 26, 2022 | 20th Annual
- LOCATION: Sandestin® Golf and Beach Resort, Destin, Florida
- WEBSITE: Visit this site for all things Emerald Coast Blue Marlin Classic. All your entry forms, latest news, tournament blog, event gallery and some interesting history of the event documenting past winners and record fish.
- CONTACT: Julia Brakhage | 910-264-3947 | email@example.com
- ENTRY FEE: $6,000 (base entry) – $77,750 per team with optional entries
- TARGET SPECIES: blue marlin (110” minimum), white marlin, sailfish, spearfish (release only), yellowfin and bigeye tuna (20 lb. & 27” minimum), dolphin (20 lb. minimum), wahoo (20 lb. minimum)
- FORMAT: Modified release: 110” minimum on blue marlin, release only on all other billfish species
- CHARITIES SUPPORTED: The Billfish Foundation, Sandestin Foundation for Kids, One Meal Mobile
Get registered early and it's one less thing you have to worry about. Plus, you'll be entered into the Early Bird Draw offering $1,000 cash prize and free dockage at the Baytowne Marina during tournament week.
Use the form below to register your boat & team, optionally reserve a slip at Baytowne Marina and pay your entry fees. You can also call Julia at 910.264.3947 and she’ll sign you up over the phone.
Use this ECBC 2022 form to pay your Base Entry fee or to enter the Release and/or Crew Division.
ECBC Team Members
Use this Team Member Registration Form to register your anglers, captain and/or mates at any time up to the start of fishing.
If you'll be needing a hotel room during the tournament, you can't book early enough. There are options for every budget, but the early bird gets the worm. If you're staying at the Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort, use Group Code FISH22 and make your reservation online, or call 800-320-8115.
If you're planning on docking at the Baytowne Marina, the slips sell out quickly. You need to specify your docking details in your entry form, so it's prudent to be on top of this one. The marina staff also handles golf cart rentals during tournament week and the number available is limited so call Dick Flanery (850-267-7773) to get on the golf cart list.
Optional Entries & Jackpots
If you want to enter the optional Release and/or Crew Divisions, or are ready to place your Jackpot bets, use this form. You can enter at any time up to the start of fishing (noon on Thursday). Optional entry fees (E2 & E3) include 7% Florida sales tax. There is no tax on Jackpots. A 2.5% convenience fee is added to credit card transactions. You must be entered in the Release Division (E2) to enter Release Jackpots.
The rules may change slightly year-to-year, so it's always a good idea to take a moment and familiarize yourself with the latest revision. Here are the 2022 ECBC Tournament Rules.
Posted by Tim Shepard - Broker on