Find us on...


Login using...

Tagged : destin fishing

Found 6 blog entries tagged as "destin fishing".

Florida sport fishing

So it looks like the Emerald Coast Blue Marlin Classic in Destin, Florida is a go for 2020. There will be a few changes, fewer or no public events, but still an exciting tournament for all to enjoy. Here is the official announcement as reported on

The Emerald Coast Blue Marlin Classic will take place June 17th-21st. We’ve monitored the impact and regulations surrounding the Coronavirus and feel we can hold the tournament safely and responsibly with no social or public events and by asking our participants to follow social distancing and other health precautions.

Over the next week we’ll be modifying procedures and updating the schedule. In the meantime we would like to take this time to thank our

625 Views, 0 Comments

 2019 Blue Marlin Classic

Checklist & Schedule of Events

The Emerald Coast Blue Marlin Classic tournament is coming quickly and will be upon us before you know it. The organizers have created a handy checklist to ensure you're ready to go as soon as the starting horn blows. We've also added some important links, a link to the rules, and schedule of events, just to make sure you don't miss any of the fun. 

It looks like the start time may be postponed due to weather - get details here

Important Dates & Events to Remember

Tournament Dates: June 19-23, 2019

Early Bird Deadline is May 31, 2019

ECBC Golf Scramble Sign Up
Wednesday, June 19, Tee Time 9:00 am

Start of Tournament Fishing
Thursday, June 20 | 12:00pm

Kids Catch & Release Fishing Tournament

774 Views, 0 Comments

2018 Emerald Coast Blue Marlin Classic

The 16th Annual Emerald Coast Blue Marlin Classic in Destin, Florida set new records this year with increased participation and cash awards.

Quick Stats from the Blue Marlin Classic:

# of boats: 91  (36 in 2017, 85 in 2016)

Average Size: 60 feet

Cash Awards: $2,040,200 ($624,675 in 2017, $1,952,750 in 2016)

Surprise Winners

They're calling it David vs Goliath when describing the winners of this year's Blue Marlin Classic. A team of high school students borrowed a boat, and managed to catch a record-breaking blue marlin, weighing in at 699.2 pounds. Now the team is busy splitting $131,040 in prize money.

This was a win based on pure desire, the boys had no boat, no money, just a dream of competing in the Blue Marlin Classic. Doug

538 Views, 0 Comments

Destin, the "World's Luckiest Fishing Village" just got luckier! 

Make way for the expansion of Bass Pro Shops in Destin. The renovation will total 16,600 square feet and should be completed in the Fall of 2016.

Shoppers can look forward to:

  • more retail space
  • boat pad increasing from 5 boats to 15-20
  • three additional checkout counters
  • new fitting rooms
  • aquarium remodel
  • new energy-efficient LED lighting in store

With a huge population of anglers and boaters, this new development will be welcomed.

Bass Pro Shops, Destin FL

792 Views, 0 Comments

Shotgun start at the Marlin ClassicWhether fishing is your thing or not, the Emerald Coast Blue Marlin Classic is an event that's not to be missed here in Destin. Established in 2003, this is a world-class event and one of the top marlin fishing tournaments in North America. Almost $2 million dollars in prize money is a big draw, but it's the bragging rights that really attracts anglers from all over the country. This is serious business with entry fees ranging from $5,000 to $71,561 per team.

It all begins on Thursday, June 23 at noon with a shotgun start, when close to 100 multi-million dollar fishing boats parade out of their respective marinas and shoot off through Destin Pass. It's not uncommon for these boats to travel 150 miles before reaching the perfect hunting ground.


1,937 Views, 0 Comments

Destin Red SnapperThe Gulf of Mexico Fishery Management Council, meeting in Baton Rouge last week, voted for an 11 day Red Snapper season for 2014 in Federal Waters. Area fisherman were all expecting a 40 day plus season that was consistent with the past several years and their dissapointment with Red Snapper management is turning to anger.

The Red Snapper fishery has been governed by a "share" program for the past several years. Commercial fisherman, who sell their catch to restaurants and markets around the world, are allocated 49% while Recreational fisherman, including charter boats, receive the remaining 51%. The performance to the allocation is "estimated" since catches are not required to be weighed and recorded.

The vote was not absent of controversy as

6,022 Views, 0 Comments