Are you ready for one of Destin's most anxiously awaited events? Taking place during the month of October, the 68th annual Destin Fishing Rodeo is coming up fast. Almost 1 year in the planning, the committee barely gets through one rodeo, when they have to start planning for the next year. Whatever they're doing, it works. The rodeo benefits the entire community and everyone gets involved. Even if you don't fish, there is always something going on at the docks.
Fishing Rodeo Quick Facts
- Participants come from all over the U.S. several countries, and last year spent $1.4 million on hotels, food and recreation
- Charter boat registration is even higher this year
- Over 200 awards are offered, all sponsored by local businesses
- There are 19 different divisions, including party boat, ladies and juniors
- Between 300 and 1000 folks are down at the docks each day watching the weigh-ins live, or on the jumbo tron at Ajs
If you want to start a betting pool, there is an estimated 5,000 fish expected to be caught and 1,000 to be weighed in this year's event.
How do you participate? Either register your boat, or jump aboard a registered charter boat. You can also fish from a paddle board, kayak, pier, bridge, or the shoreline, but registration is required. Visit the Destin Fishing Rodeo website for more details.
See you at the docks!
Tim Shepard, Broker/Owner
Destin Real Estate, LLC
Cell: (850) 259-4133
Toll Free: (866) 678-SOLD
We'd love to hear what you thought of our service, please don't hesitate to send us your comments.