We researched online and polled past clients to find out what features they would consider deal breakers while viewing a house. Keep in mind that everyone has different opinions and a deal breaker for one person might be an inconvenience for another. Still, if you're selling a home, you might find some of these points helpful.
Popular Deal Breakers
1. Design flaws that are too costly or time consuming to change
2. Open concept houses
3. Closed floor plans
4. Two-story or split-level homes
6. Insufficient closet space
7. Old Roman-style tubs with step down
8. Not enough bathrooms
9. Kitchen peninsula (vs an island)
10. Washer/Dryer in kitchen
11. Close proximity to power lines
12. Indoor swimming pool
13. Above-ground swimming pool
14. Water damage
16. Sketchy neighborhood
17. A house situated in a flood zone
18. Outdated plumbing or septic
19. Outdated electrical
20. A dirty or stinky house. Even though this is something that a buyer could easily fix, it creates an immediate bad impression that impacts the final decision.
22. Previous scene of a murder
How about you - what do you consider a deal breaker when buying a house?
Tim Shepard, Broker/Owner
Destin Real Estate, LLC
Cell: (850) 259-4133
Toll Free: (866) 678-SOLD
We'd love to hear what you thought of our service, please don't hesitate to send us your comments.