Part of our service as realtors is to play matchmaker for our clients. Once we have a good idea of the type of home or condo a buyer is looking for, then we use our knowledge of the area and the local market to find the perfect match.
In the example below, a client has sent us a request with very specific parameters for a Destin harbor condo, and we've responded with some equally specific listing ideas.
My husband and I are interested in a condo as a second home (and then primary after we retire) and preferably in the Destin Harbor area. We have vacationed to the Emerald Coast many times and so, fairly familiar with the area. Ideally, the property would fit within the following parameters:
- $600K - $750K
- Bedrooms: 3-4
- Bathrooms: 2-3
- Attached garage spaces
- Harbor and if possible, Gulf views
- Pool and spa access
- No short term rentals permitted
- Less than 12-15 years old
We are hoping to visit over the Memorial Day holiday and so, looking through the different listings now. At this stage, we are also trying to determine the different price points as it seems there are a good number of properties for sale - oddly, multiple listings on the market for years. Owners upside down on mortgages from purchases in the 2000s and/or just not serious about selling?
We have many condos that fit your criteria. Below is a list of complexes that have units that best fit your criteria.
1. East Pass Towers: There are two buildings at this location. Building 1 was built in the 80's and allows rentals. Building 2 was built in the mid-90's and is Rental Restricted. East pass Towers 2 features covered parking with a storage locker but does not have completely enclosed garages. There is a really nice unit available that has views of the pass and distant views of the Gulf.
2. Waterview Towers Yacht Club: There are three properties with similar names. Waterview Towers was built in the early 80's and allows rentals.
Waterview Towers Yacht Club and Waterview Towers Yacht Club 2 were built in the 90's and are rental restricted. Originally, both buildings allowed rentals but the owners voted to change that. There are some units that were grandfathered in but their rights to rent, cease, once the unit changes hands. There are very few rentals in those two buildings now. I know several owners there and these condos are fantastic. Most units there come with garages and the views are stunning. There aren't any listed properties available but I think there is a unit that the owner would sell. I would confirm this prior to your visit.
3. Grand Harbor: No units available in your price range but a great building.
4. Harbor Lights: Newest building on harbor with great views of the harbor. Built to the latest codes, these units are modern and spacious. The facility has a nice pool and workout room as well. Most units come with garages and climate controlled storage.
5. Sides Moreno Point: Located North of the Destin Bridge with views of the pass and gulf. Units available at lower end of price range.
6. Marbella: Nice building on North side of harbor with several units available. The exterior is the most architecturally distinct of all properties that you might consider. Everyone has covered parking but no detatched garages. Some units have boat slips and there is a marina with rentals available.
7. Destin Yacht Club: Located on the north side of harbor, the units are nice and most come with boat slips. There is no covered parking or garages though.
In addition to the above suggestions, we will also set up our client to receive regular listing updates whenever a similar condo comes on the market. This really helps to get a jump on the competition and be among the first to view new listings.
Put our Matchmaking Service to the Test
Put our matchmaking service to the test and let us help you find the perfect Emerald Coast home or condo. Using the form below, just give us a list of your criteria for the perfect home and we'll send you a list of suggestions for either neighborhoods, condo developments or specific listings that might help your search.
Tim Shepard, Broker/Owner
Destin Real Estate, LLC
Cell: (850) 259-4133
Toll Free: (866) 678-SOLD
We'd love to hear what you thought of our service, please don't hesitate to send us your comments.